Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Writing History

My history of writing has been an interesting one. I like to keep things short and straight to the point. When I was first taught to write I was told paragraphs are three to five sentences long. i prefer to keep it at three. I was never much of a writer in high school where i wrote five paragraph essays my entire time there. I don't really know how to write any other essay besides a five paragraph essay. Also i never really understood the whole plagiarism thing. I know not to copy someone elses work but i never completely understood how to use it as one of your sources for information. The only time in high school I ever really wrote was my senior year when we had to write a journal entry before every class. That was more of imaginary writing because we could just make up stories and write them down. Sometimes they were a sentence long and other times maybe a paragraph. Hopefully through this class I will learn to write more maturely and collegiate. As far as blogging goes this will be my first one. I've never really posted anything on facebook, myspace, or any other blogging website. Hopefully this new experience will help me gain knowledge on how to write more professionally and if not at least make writing a lot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment